Friday, February 06, 2009

Catch up

I figure it's time to update the blog. Over Christmas I hung out with Julie, Ted and family. We went to Universal Studios on Tuesday before Christmas and Sea World on Friday. I drove down to San Diego on Christmas night and stayed with them that night in Emilee and Cody's apt so I wouldn't have to drive in the morning traffic. A quick note: M and Cody have the coolest toilet. It is one of those ones that doesn't work by gravity from the water in the tank but by some insanely powerful suction that if you're not careful when flushing it will pull you down with it. It is frickin awesome!
Sea World was pretty cool. They started the Shamu show out by thanking the troops. I was pleasantly surprised because you just don't hear people thanking troops in LA. That night we went to the Christmas Shamu show and they sang Christmas carols, not just any carols but the Christ centered ones. And then they had the whole audience stand up and sing Joy to the World. I was blown away. I just didn't think that would happen in California.
The next four pictures I think are pretty funny. I put Joe on his back in the stroller and left him in the middle of the sidewalk. I went back and sat down by Ted and the boys while Julie was in the bathroom with Emma. We sat there and watched people's reactions to this unclaimed kid. The guy in the black sweater turned around and saw Joe in the stroller on his back. He rushed over to help but saw that Joe was laughing. The guy looked around and saw us laughing and realized it was a joke.




The following pics are some favorites.






I was watching Emma while everyone else went on a ride. While we were waiting we went into a souvenir shop. Emma made all the employees laugh because she was so excited about all the stuff.



In the following pictures you will see that Ted spent a lot of time making sure everyone stayed dry. He got to the Shamu Christmas show really early and got 2nd row seats in the center.



3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you noticed (and appreciated) our toilet. It is my favorite thing about San Diego. Its incredible suction makes plunging obsolete. I think we could dispose of all of our diapers in the toilet and it wouldn't be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your hat, Jarom. Cool pics - we thought the lost-child-in-the-stroller thing was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:10 PM

    I like that you spent almost a paragraph on Em's toilet and all Seaworld got was a "pretty cool" rating. Truly you are Joe's brother. It's a killer whale for goodness sake. Get excited man!!! -Sam

    ReplyDelete